Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Abraham Lincoln’s Advice to the Alzheimer’s Caregiver


"The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."
Lincoln spoke of a future moment when the country would once again be united and its tragic civil war ended. He looked forward to a time when harmony and peace would resume. As an Alzheimer’s caregiver, I dream of the day when my mother will regain the harmony and peace she once demonstrated with her kind heart every day as she took care of me in my youth. I know that won’t reoccur while she lives this life.
 blog it
Original content Pamela R. Kelley, the Alzheimer's Reading Room

No comments:

Post a Comment