Monday, June 25, 2012

Alzheimer's Clips News 103



Two Months Before Dotty Went to Heaven, A Wonderful Surprise

Two months before Dotty went to Heaven she delivered a wonderful surprise.

The background. Our friend Jeannemarie came to visit. She bought Dotty a coloring pad and some colored pencils.  
  
She took Dotty outside with the intention of working with her. After she laid out all the material, she left to take a phone call. 
  
The next thing I knew, Jeannemarie ran in the door and told me to grab the video camera.  

Continue Reading and watch the Video



Five Foods That Might Help Prevent Dementia, Cancer and Heart Disease

Mangiare! Mangiare! Sei quello che mangi......

I believe most people in the Alzheimer's community will agree that Alzheimer's prevention is a good idea.  
  
For me, this means eating things that lower cholesterol, keep my heart healthy, and in general help my body ward off heart disease, cancer and dementia. I now realize you need to have a good awareness of all body parts, especially your vital organs. And, the brain. 
  
The interesting thing to me is that eating healthy is easy once you start focusing on the long term benefits. 
  
When Dotty went to Heaven she was almost 96 years old. This leads me to believe I will live to be 120 years old.. So my life is not even half over. If I make it to 100, I assure you my blogging will be packed with humor. When your are 100 you can say anything you want and never get in trouble -- right? 
Continue Reading and Comment



Are Diabetes and Alzheimer's Linked?

People with type 2 diabetes have an increased risk of dementia. The insulin pathways are involved in many metabolic processes, including helping to keep the nervous system healthy.

A C. elegans worm with green
fluorescent protein (GFP) highlighting the  
APL-1 Alzheimer-related protein in its body.  
(Credit: Collin Ewald.)
Yesterday I published the details about a Phase 2 clinical trial for Alzheimer's and insulin --
 
  
If you go to the search box on the right hand side of this page and enter the word insulin, you will a long list of articles about Alzheimer's, diabetes, and insulin. 
  
There are more than
3,676 articles in our Alzheimer's Reading Room knowledge base. 
  
If you are looking for information, use the search box on the right. If you have not done so before try entering the word communication, or Alzheimer's World, you might be surprised to find how much information, useful information, we have here. 
  
Today I was reading this new research summary from The City College of New York. I thought you might find it of interest. You might want to share this also.      

Continue Reading and Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment