Monday, July 2, 2012

Alzheimer's Clips News 106


62P8VV994TD6

Something Had to Change

... and that Something was Me.

 I entered Dotty's world. 

The same words, the same actions, and the same behaviors that were making me feel bad all of a sudden seemed natural. Normal. 

Eventually I started calling this new place Alzheimer's World.



Daily Physical Activity May Reduce Alzheimer's Disease Risk at Any Age

The research found that people in the bottom 10 percent of daily physical activity were more than twice as likely (2.3 times) to develop Alzheimer's disease as people in the top 10 percent of daily activity.


Alzheimer's Disease Tip Communication and Socialization (Part 2)


Dotty
95 years old
I am trying to help Dotty not to forget, I accept that she won't be able to remember.

In Alzheimer's Disease Tip Communication and Socialization (Part 1), I started writing about how communication and socialization go hand in hand.

For Dotty and me, I made a simple decision early on --
we would continue to live our life as we always had.

Our Brains Are What We Eat



Gene Bowman

Higher blood levels of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D and vitamin E are associated with better mental functioning and less brain shrinkage in older people.

This study caught my attention because the average of a participant was 87 years old.

The research behind the study was published in the
and showed that people with healthier diets - rich in omega-3 fatty acids and a variety of vitamins - had bigger brains and better cognitive function than those whose diets were unhealthier on the whole.

This study does differ from previous studies around these issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment