Thursday, July 5, 2012

Alzheimer's Clips News 107



Dotty Looked Beautiful in Death

I believe in prayer, and I believe your prayers made a difference.

When Dotty died she just stopped ticking. Her jaw never dropped. Not even her lips. She did sound like a perculator, but she never winced, cringed, or evidenced any sign of pain.

As she was dying I put my cheek on her cheek and held her. I whispered in her ear and told her to go into the light. I said more, but for now that is between Dotty and me.

After a bit, I turned my head and looked up at the ceiling just in case Dotty was up there.   
  

Donations In Memory of Dorothy DeMarco

I continue to be amazed by your kindness and generosity.



Many of you are asking me how you can make a donation in Dotty's memory. I had not given this much thought. 
  
Several are asking how you can donate to the efforts of the 
Alzheimer's Reading Room
  
It is my intention, based on your inquiries, to turn the into a non-profit. 
  
There are many things I can do to improve the site, and to make the website more effective. My first efforts would be on adding more ways to communicate the message. If you donate to the ARR now, your donation will not be tax deductible. It will take a while to file all the paperwork to achieve 501(c)(3) status (non profit). 
  
The donate button  is appearing for the first time today in the upper right hand side of this website. 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment