Friday, August 31, 2012

Aruba: Where 70 is "old enough" for Alzheimer’s Patients and the Elderly


Max, it's a shame for me to tell the world, that the government of Aruba is not treating their elderly and the person with Alzheimer's or MCI fairly, whilst the government will continuously boast to the world that Aruba is "One Big Happy Island" and one of the most visited islands in the Caribbean.

By Max Wallack
Alzheimer's Reading Room

Last week, I wrote an article about age discrimination, mentioning that working at the Memory Clinic at the VA hospital was the saddest part of my week. I was unprepared for the comments that appeared when Fundacion Alzheimer Aruba posted the link to my article on Facebook.

Within minutes, there were 36 comments. Unfortunately, they were not in English. I decided to message Fundacion Alzheimer Aruba and request a translation, if possible.

The translation I received was shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment